Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Fulfilling Emptiness :)

The house was empty until I moved in to fill it. I’m inclined to think that I left an emptiness somewhere else. Little did I know that this empty space I came to fill in would eventually empty me. Surprisingly, I am feeling good about it!

During this transition, the depths of the relationships I had made and the sullen-looking emptiness fought a bitter battle. But when the chaos settled, silence lost its form, growing loud, yet never unpleasant. When emptiness filled me, there remained no past, and no future. There’s now just that very moment I’m living in. The joy of experiencing ‘right now’ became clear to me just like fog clearing away to reveal dew drops in the dawn.

…right now, at least one of my many long-lost friends is thinking about me… And right now, I know that he is! If not now, then perhaps 1 minute ago, or maybe an hour ago, or even a day ago; but he did spend a second for me… And in this very moment, I am acknowledging it.

…right now, that person is existing… somewhere that I cannot see, but that person sure does exist right in this very fraction of second. His heart is beating without fail, he is breathing, and perhaps doing something that makes him him.



Mind1: What is he/she doing right now?
Mind2: Perhaps he/she is smiling right now.
Mind1: For what? For whom? How’s he/she feeling about it? What is the subject?
Mind2: Perhaps he/she has just stood up to walk.
Mind1: Where to? Anything important?
Mind2: Perhaps he/she is fighting with abc.
Mind1: Over what? How bad is it?
Mind2: He/she is not doing anything.
Mind1: Can’t be. How can you not do anything? Even sleeping is like doing something! Is he/she not even thinking? Only a dead person is not doing anything. Not even breathing. And I refuse to think that he/she is dead. So what is he/she doing right now?

When I considered the last line, my mind raced all over again thinking of the possible things that are being done now by that person. And when I considered thinking of more than 1 person’s possible activities at that very fraction of time, it became just too much for me to imagine.

The questions of Mind1 are a result of the fact that I am curious by nature, and the other fact that I have known that person in the past. It is an undeniable fact that you are doing one thing or the other at all times (though we prefer to call it by various names). You are reading this right now, and perhaps I am thinking of you and am also thinking that you are reading this…


In reality, I don't know what you are doing right now. But this emptiness has shown to me the depths of how much I have known you. I'm sure more than often, what I think you are doing is absolutely right. Think about it...

Can you think what I am doing right now? – This very moment of finishing reading this passage?? Come on.. you can do it...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess you are thinking about the fact that the person who is thinking about you has been tricked to do that simply by thinking about you.

I am thinking about you as you have tricked my mind to do it. It sounds simple.....hmmm