Monday, October 13, 2008

Drona

Monday morning started watching a completely harassed face of my co-worker. On enquiring, I realized he had been to a movie the day before. “Drona”.
He said I looked haggard too.

By far the most depressing movie of the year, Drona has hit #1 in my list of ‘most wicked’ movies of all time. I heard someone saying ‘it’s gonna beat the s*** out of Krrish’. What? I’m sure he must have been the distributor of the movie. Here are my opinions:

About the story:

A perfect example of discontinuity. Roads in Banaglore show more continuums. Intense scenes (pun intended) are followed by perfectly out-of-place songs. All the while, the time and the plot of the movie were working their magic, and soon enough, I found myself absolutely confused. My co-worker admitted that he saw many roaches lying face up on the floor when he left the theatre. I’m not surprised.

Songs:

Don’t remember any. Sorry about that, but to retain the songs in my head would have caused me nausea.

Graphics/SFX/CG/Whatever:
My vote goes to ‘Shaktiman’.

Screenplay:

Priyanka Chopra: She’s done well for what she took up. Abhishek Bachchan: He’s also done quite well too. I mean, it is no easy task maintaining same expression (or rather, absence of expression) all the time, regardless of what comes to him. Try it?

Fights:

Two things about fights:
  1. All high-action fights are in slow motion.
  2. All other fights are in slow-motion.
And much more...
Then there are innumerous magicians, cut-paste from Lord Of the Rings (pardon me LOTR fans, I mean no offence), and enough content to make you panic.

So I recommend you to see the movie too so that you too can enjoy and appreciate the true value of life, and that of being at home, away from all worldly evils.

Cheers!
Om

No comments: