Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fall Colours - Lost and Found


"The storm had passed, and it was bright again, though not sunny. The light was strangely homogeneous, and hardly managed to cast well defined shadows, thus ending up as dull gloom beneath the trees. The scent of wet soil was fading away even as the fresh leaves of green, of red and of yellow, the fragrance of barks, and the contrast of the sky, all invited me with open arms. Mother Nature was displaying her grand splendor, with occasional accent that was a distant rumble of clouds somewhere far in the horizon.

And so I went on, into the wild, on a trail guarded by the solemn trees guarding it since ages. Every anxious stride anticipated some deep mystery conjured by the mind, a pressing need, to be there – to the bosom of the woods. On I went on the snaking trail, where there was no sound, but that of crickets, and returning birds. No patch of land was to be seen, just hedges of green, and leafy vistas. Where it went to, I never knew. I did not want to…

Thus began my journey into the woods, with no desire to return; to come to be known as ‘lost’, and ‘to know’ to have been found by the wilderness."

No comments: