Saturday, December 27, 2008

Time Travel - Back to Childhood

After 17 years of parting from them, I am on a pursuit of my school mates. All 5th graders when we parted.

With the passing of time, much has been forgotten. The name of my primary school is changed now to something new I don't know. Names have been forgotten. Faces have changed, and at the faint chance of stumbling across their passport-size photos, I'd have to rely on my fading memory to identify them. No social networking site has this facility of '5th grade batch of 1991'. Not all would have the same or similar technology at their disposal as I have. Not all would post their contact details in public domain. Conventional networking sites haven’t been of any help!

Few names that I do remember are the names that are quite common ones, and there are thousands that come up in google. Phew!

I’m sure they are out there. Something eventful has been happening in each every one of their lives through all these years. Every one of them, after leaving the school would have devoted at-least one second of their lives looking back at our school…

Mind racing... They must have done their 10th and 12th standards somewhere at the same time as I did... Some would have done their graduation...

I wonder how many of them would have tried to reach me, or are still trying to find me and others.

With a bag-load of old stories of 5th grade, few hazy faces, and even few names, I’ve set out to find them. Let’s see how many I manage to trace. What’s going to keep me on this pursuit is the very thought of seeing the expressions on their faces when we finally meet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Dawood here, i found your comment on my blog.Thanks.
I din do my schooling from Chennai. So i think u have mistken me to some one u know.But any ways i get to know ur blog by this.Its a cool one.cheers

dawood sait